Websites and Apps
A fantastic online resource with online phonic texts to read. Your child's personalised login in for this can be found in their reading contact book.
A great resource to develop writing and ICT skills; you can write, create and publish your own stories! You child's login for this can be found in their reading contact book.
Websites reading, phonics and spelling activities
- Monster phonics
- Pirate phonics 1: Kids learn to read
- Pocket Phonics
- Kids ABC phonics
- Phonic Vowels
- Phonics genius
- Justin’s world – Lettersounds
These activities don’t require a computer!
- Do word searches
- Magnetic letters
- Use squirty water bottles to write words on the pavement, or can use chalks.
- Practise spellings in the sand, in shaving foam, in soil, etc.
- Practise in the bath with foam bath letters
- Type on the keyboard
- Tear up the word and put back in the right order
- Have fun quizzes at the dinner table
- Use playdoh to make words
- Cut out letters from magazines/papers/catalogues and stick together to make a book
- Play hangman
- Play scrabble (junior)
- Write a word on your child’s back
- Play ‘word within a word’, where your child has to write down as many words as they can from one word, e.g. ‘dictionary’ – in, it, dot, cat, tin, car, on, tar, diary, etc.