Safer Internet Day 2018
Safer Internet Day 2018 is being celebrated globally on
Tuesday 6th February 2018 with the slogan
“Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you”.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the celebration sees more than a thousand organisations get involved to help promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
- 1,700+ organisations across the UK are delivering activities for Safer Internet Day, from tech companies, banks and football clubs, to schools, police services and charities across the UK.
- The #SID2018 social media campaign is set to reach millions - see what others are posting and get involved. Plus look out for the #SID2018 custom emoji and Snapchat filter!
- The social media campaign is being kickstarted with our Thunderclap on the morning of Safer Internet Day, which has a social reach of over 9 million!
- People are sharing their #ItStartsWithUs pledges to help inspire a better internet. See what others have created and get involved by downloading our templates.
- Youth events will take place across the UK, giving young people the opportunity to speak to policymakers about these important issues.
- Schools and others are using our Education Packs, SID TV films and online quiz to run activities for children and young people and parents and carers.
- On Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre will publish a report into the role of technology in young people's friendships.
- Celebrities will be getting behind the campaign, such as Diana Award Ambassador James McVey of the Vamps.
- Families will be exploring how to stay safe online using our top tips for under-11s, 11-18s and parents and carers.
Globally, Safer Internet Day is celebrated in around 130 countries, coordinated by the joint Insafe/INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission, and national Safer Internet Centres across Europe.